Please, make sure you check everyone's blogs out. After reading each blog, scroll to the end, and make sure to leave a comment with #SFFebHop!! Each member and guest blogger, will randomly select a winner from our blog comments. We will then pool those together and randomly select the overall hop winner. I would love to hear some feedback and you will earn a chance to win some Blog Candy!
If you have visited my blog from Leanne's site, thanks so much for continuing with the Blog Hop. Make sure to check out my blog and at the end click the NEXT button to continue to Barbara Welch's blog. Didn't come from Leanne's blog?? That's ok, just click the PREVIOUS button or scroll to the end of the post to and click on Leanne's name to visit her blog.
February's Blog Hop theme is Black, White and Whatever You Like (1 color). I had a lot of fun with this month's theme. I chose to make a little card box set for my daughter's 12th birthday. She likes to make cards for her friends now. So I figured she'd really like these. I chose the Hey, Girl Stamp set and the Designer Series Paper Stack Go Wild.
Today I will be sharing with you 1 card, well 4, and 1 project.
Here's what I came up with...I hope you like it!
I layered the Gatefold panels with Whisper White and the Go Wild DSP. Whisper White is cut at 2x5 5/8 and Go Wild 1 7/8x5 1/4. Remember to cut 2 of each. Attach to card base using Snail Adhesive.
Next cut a piece of Basic Black at 4 1/4x2 5/8. And a piece of Whisper White to 4 1/8x2 1/2. Stamp the Girl and Shopping Bag in the Archival Black ink. Color with Real Red Stampin' Write Markers. Attach the Whisper White to the Basic Black using Snail Adhesive.
Attach to one panel using Dimensionals. Make sure the Dimensionals are only on one side of the panel, so the card can open. I decided to make 2 with a Basic Black mat and 2 with a Real Red mat. Which do you like better? I can't decide. (see the very end for finished pictures)
Punch out a Washi Label using a scrap piece of Real Red. Stamp Hey, Girl on a piece of scrap Whisper White Paper. Punch out with the Word Window punch. Adhere Hey, Girl onto the Washi Label with Snail Adhesive. Use Dimensionals to adhere it onto the card. Make sure to just attach the Dimensionals on one side of the panels so the card opens.
Now the lid, score at 1" on all 4 sides. Easy! Fold and burnish all your score lines on the lid and box.
Time to cut: on the 8 1/2 side cut up on the 2 score lines. Turn and do the other side. These are the tabs to make the lid.
On the box there are 2 squares that gets created after you score (the others are rectangles). You need to cut up on the scores line on each side...see third picture below.
Next you will want to add your DSP to the lid and box. It's easier to put them on now, than after the lid/box is assembled. Cut 2 strips of DSP about an 1/8 shorter than the side to 3 x 1 7/8 nd 2 strips of 5 7/8 x 7/8 adhered to your lid with snail.
Cut 2 pieces of Whisper White to 5 7/8 x 4 3/8 and cut 2 pieces of DSP to 5 3/4 x 4 1/4, this is the front and back panel of your box. Cut 2 pieces of Whisper White to 4 3/8 x 2 7/8 and cut 2 pieces of DSP to 4 1/4 x 2 3/4 this is the sides of the box.
Adhere all the panels together with Snail. When attaching to the box, make sure whatever tabs you put the side panels on..make sure this is your front when you make the box. See pictures 7 & 8.
I colored her hair and the balloon using the Clear Wink of Stella (be careful around the red, the color will run...let it dry.
I tied about a 16" length of Real Red Cotton Ribbon in a bow around the side of the stamped image. I added 5 Basic Rhinestones to the bottom right corner. I attached this to the front of the box using Dimensionals.
Then I cut a piece of Whisper White to 3/8x2 1/4 and Real Red to 1/2x2 3/8. I stamped the saying in Real Red. Attach to the Real Red cardstock with snail. Add 2 Basic Rhinestones to each side. Attach to the front of the box with Dimensionals.
Now to assemble to box. See pictures below. You need to fold the back side panel in, this should be the piece that does not have DSP on it. Fold up the short flap and adhere with Fast Fuse or a strong adhesive. Then Fast Fuse to the inside of the front panel and attach. Repeat on the other side.
Remember to click next to visit Barbara Welch's blog. And....leave a comment #SFFebHop.
- Lynn Streifert -- http://lynnzcrafters.com/2016/02/18/black-white-whatever-you-like-stampin-friends-blog-hop/
- Carolina Evans - http://studioevans.blogspot.com/2016/02/stampin-friends-february-blog-hop-black.html
- Elizabeth Jeanne -- http://craftsbyhappystamper.com/2016/02/18/black-white-and-whatever-you-like-stampin-friends-blog-hop
- Kirsteen Gill http://www.creatinwithkirsteen.com/home/stampin-friends-february-hop
- Leanne Johnson http://literallymyjoy.blogspot.com/2016/02/sending-smiles.html
- Steph Jandrow - That's Me!!!!!!
- Barbara Welch - http://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2016/02/black-white-whatever-you-like-stampin.htm
- Kathie Rotti - https://kathielovesstamping.wordpress.com/2016/02/18/black-white-and-whatever-you-like-sf-hop/
- Melissa Thomas- http://stampinbythesea.weebly.com/blog/stampin-friends-blog-hop-with-black-white-and-whatever-you-like
- Sarah Devendorf http://lovelettersillustrated.blogspot.com/2016/02/stampin-friends-february-hop.html
- Andrea Tucker http://onestampinmothertucker.blogspot.com/2016/02/stampin-friends-black-white-and.html
- Angela Carter http://angelasinklink.com/blog-hop/
- Cindy Waldroff http://stampingindixie.blogspot.com/2016/02/black-and-white-and-whatever-you-like.html
- Kim Smith - http://craftingbuddy.blogspot.com/2016/02/black-white-and-whatever-you-like.html
- Deana Benson - http://www.designcreativelybling.com/2016/02/stamppin-friends-black-white-whatever.html