Please, make sure you check everyone's blogs out. After reading my blog, scroll to the end, and make sure to leave a comment for your chance to win a little blog candy from me!
If you have visited my blog from Raquel Clifton's site, thanks so much for continuing with the Blog Hop. Make sure to check out my blog and at the end click the NEXT button to continue to Twila Davis's blog. Didn't come from Raquel's blog?? That's ok, just click the PREVIOUS button or scroll to the end of the post to and click on Raquel's name to visit her blog.
I used all Stampin' Up! products on my projects. I used the Birthday Blast Bundle from the Occasions Catalog on page 11. The bundle contains the Birthday Blast stamp set (either wood or clear) and the Star Blast Edgelits Dies.
My cards are simple, I used Whisper White as my base, and then layered Basic Black and Whisper White. I stamped the large star blast image, as well as the greeting, in Basic Black.
I cut out the Star Blast dies using the Perfect Plum card stock, trim the paper to the length of the white layer and layered on top.
I glued the stars that get cut out when you use the Star Blast edgelit. It's that easy.
I felt the card was alittle flat, so I added some clear Wink of Stella over the Perfect Plum diecut. It's unfortunately to hard to see in the picture. But I think it adds a little somethig extra!
The gift box was really easy to make as well! I love quick projects that look like they took forever to finish!! The box uses 2 sheets of 8 1/2x 11 cardstock. I used Basic Black for the bottom of the box and Whisper White for the top.
For the bottom, you need a piece of paper that measures 8x9, score it at 2" on all 4 sides, cut up the score lines and assemble.
For the top, or lid, you need a piece of paper that measures just a smidge over 6x7, score at 1" on all 4 sides, cut up on the score lines and assemble.
I cut a piece of Perfect Plum 1/8" smaller than the lid and then the same with Whisper White. I stamped the Star Blast image, in Basic Black onto the Whisper White. Over lapping the bottom of the stamp, so it's opposite of each other. See image to the right.
I layered the edgelits ontop of each other and adhered them together with Tombow Multipurpose glue. I attached it to the lid, using the Tombow as well, I made sure to place it where the stamped images was overlapped, that way that part is hidden by the edgelit.
I again, took the stars that are leftover after cutting the edgelit out and adhered them over the stamped image. I also added the Clear Wink of Stella to add some shine!!!
I hope you enjoyed my projects. Be sure to leave a comment on my blog for you chance to win Blog Candy with me.
And make sure to click the NEXT button below to continue to Twila Davis's blog!
Thanks again for stopping by
In case you have gotten lost along the hop, below is a list of all Hoppers and their blog sites.
- Barbara Welch - http://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2017/02/stampin-friends-february-2017-blog-hop.html
- Elizabeth Jeanne - http://craftsbyhappystamper.com/2017/02/16/black-white-and-whatever-you-like-stampin-friends-hop
- Kathie Rotti - https://kathielovesstamping.wordpress.com/2017/02/16/stampin-friends-black-white-hop/
- Lynn Streifert: http://lynnzcrafters.com/2017/02/16/stampin-friends-february-blog-hop/
- Lana Staab - http://stampincafebylana.blogspot.com/2017/02/stampin-friends-february-blog-hop-black.html
- Raquelle Clifton http://www.theladyandherstamps.com/2017/02/sf-february-blog-hop-black-white-theme.html
- Steph Jandrow - http://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/stampin-friends-black-white-and-whatever-you-like-blog-hop
- Twila Davis - http://stampalittlelonger.blogspot.com/2017/02/stampin-friends-february-blog-hop-black.html
- Melissa Thomas- http://seatoseastampin.weebly.com/blog/stampin-friends-blog-hop-with-black-white-and-whatever-you-like
- Kirsteen Gill - http://www.creatinwithkirsteen.com/home/february-stampin-friends-blog-hop
- Cindy Slack Waldroff- http://stampingindixie.blogspot.com/2017/02/is-anything-every-just-black-and-white-Feb-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
- Maria Willis - http://cardbomb.blogspot.com/2017/02/stampin-friends-blog-hop-guest-designer.html
- Kim Lamos http://pinkzebrapapercreations.blogspot.com/2017/02/stampin-friends-black-and-one-accent.html
- Bibi Cameron http://www.bibicameron.co.uk/2017/02/stamping-friends-guest-designer-with.html
- Andrea Tracy-Tucker http://onestampinmothertucker.blogspot.com/2017/02/stampin-friends-black-white-and-pop-of.html