Here are the cards I made for my World Thinking Day Card Challenge. Each one of you that emailed me or posted with your address will be receiving one of these cards in the mail. So thank you for your support.
I am in love with the Double Z-Fold card. My last card club used that style in a fall theme. It's so fun to make! I bought the Santa's Sleigh set a while back, maybe during the preorder or when the Holiday catalog went live, I don't remember. But this was the first chance I had to work with it. The Double Z-Fold works perfect to look like the the reindeer are pulling the sleigh. I used Very Vanilla as the cardbase, layered with Cherry Cobbler. The background DSP is from the Annual Catalog called This Christmas. This pack of DSP is a lighter weight paper than our normal DSP and you receive 24 double-sided sheets rather than 12. So it is perfect for creating Holiday Cards.
The sleigh is a combination of Smoky Slate and Cherry Cobbler. I stamped the sleigh image in Smoky Slate before cutting it out. I like the additional detail it adds. The trees are tone-on-tone Garden Green, as are the Reindeers in Soft Suede. Each reindeer is finished with a Cherry Cobbler bow. But what's Santa's sleigh without a Rudolph. So I added a dot of the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details (now retired). The star on the the tree is cut in Crushed Curry.
I had a later start than I wanted, we had soccer photos, a game did get canceled, but...due to the rainy weather and being home, I realized how desperately I needed to give my house a good cleaning. So.....once I decided, I've cleaned enough, I headed to my craft space. I had a list of a few more card ideas I wanted to work on, but in the end, I am happy what I was able to create these 4 cards.
Love Love Love
I did manage to work on one other project. It is not a card. But I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a Halloween treat bag that doesn't take alot of time to make, can be reproduced easily and doesn't use alot of product. So this is project 1. We will be away camping for Halloween and the campground hosts a camp-site wide trick or treating. So I wanted to make some treats to share and include my business card.
It came together quickly, I used a 9" strip of DSP scored a few times and stamped the greeting and spiderweb. I used the 1 3/4 & 2" punches (punches will be quick). I added some bag filler to help the bag stand upright. I love the results.
I am pretty happy with how fast this treat bag came together. I realized there are a few downsides to this design. More so because I need to make at least 100 of these. (I need to contact the campground to see roughly how much candy I need.) and then I'll have a better idea of how many bags I'd like to make. And it may same crazy to make this many when kids will be ripping them apart, I look at it as a way to promote my business.
While I like the idea of the gusseted bag to see inside, it might be just a tad to big for the amount of candy I'd be putting inside. Using a 9" strip of DSP would allow for 5 bags per sheet, I would need at least 2 packs of DSP. And I prefer to omit bag filler since I am not sure the cost of this. The rest of the material is pretty minimal. I could even get a way with punching out a little smaller.
One thought I had was to trim the bag to 5" tall and cut the DSP to 6" with a 1" flap at the top and then I would be able to get 8 bags per sheet. Just not sure how that would look.
Any thoughts? Please share!
I hope you were creative on World Card Making Day and sent a few handmade cards to friends & family!!
Another rainy day here in Massachusetts, which is fine by me, we so desperately need the rain and it's nice to relax and enjoy the day without running around crazy.
I will be working on some more projects and will share.
I can finally share the card I made for a swap since everyone who participated should have received their cards by now.
I joined a small group swap and chose the Dies category. I needed to make 6 cards using dies. Here is what I came up wtih.
I used colors that remind me of the fall. The swirls were cut in Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. I used Early Espresso embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder as my 1st layer. The leaves were cut from the Botanical Builders framelits in Old Olive & Early Artichoke. Hope was cut in Cajun Craze from the Sunshine Thinlits.
I used the Copper Floss, Silver & Gold Sequins trim and a Gold Paper for the Butterfly from the Sunshine thinlits. To add some texture to the card.
No stamping at all on this card.
I am so happy with the card. That I made 2 for me along with the 6 I made for the swap.
Ever make a card that just makes you happy
Well that's this card for me
Love Love Love
Hope you like it as much as I do!
These were the "Die-lovers" cards I received back from the swap. Too bad not everyone that signed up sent or cards were received on time.