Welcome to our Easter or Pastel Colors Like Stampin Friends Blog Hop! Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered in the Blog Hop. Read each blog, scroll to the end, and make sure to leave a comment with #SFMarHop!! Each member and guest blogger, will randomly select a winner from our blog comments. We will then pool those together and randomly select the overall hop winner. I would love to hear some feedback and you will earn a chance to win some Blog Candy!
Thank you for visiting my blog from Cheryl's site, thanks so much for continuing with the Blog Hop. Make sure to check out my blog and at the end click the NEXT button to continue to Kathie Rottie's blog. Didn't come from Cheryl's blog?? That's ok, just click the PREVIOUS button or scroll to the end of the post to and click on Cheryl's name to visit her blog.
This Month's Guest Hoppers are:
Cheryl Hillen Piotrowski
Planning in advance for March has been a little challenge. I've been knee deep in Girl Scout Cookies. I'm a troop leader in one daughter's troop and also helping my oldest daughter sell for her troop. So when I had several requests for Communion and Confirmation cards for my next Card Club. I figured I can make them works as Pastels. So I'd have my cards decided ahead of time for Card Club and for the Blog Hop. Love when things come together easily. Of course I still had to sit down and make the projects, right?!?
I started with a little gift box. I love the Curvy Keepsake thinlit and haven't used it in a while. It's the perfect size for a necklace, earrings, some treats or even money. decided to use So Saffron as my starting color, using Whisper White as my base.. I kept the first design very neutral.
I do not own religious stamps at all. In fact, I only own 1. I purchased All God's Grace when the current Annual Catalog went last in June 2015. I decided to use the flourish from the Everything Eleanor stamp set.
1. Cut an 8 1/2x11 sheet of cardstock in half to 8 1/2 x5 1/2,so you have 2 equal pieces.
2. To make the box you will need to cut out Curvy Keepsake panel twice.
3. I then stamped the flourish image using So Saffron all over the pieces.
4. Fold on the score lines, including the one on the handle. (see 4th image)
5. Take you bone folder and run it along the inside of the curvy keepsake panel to created a bend. Use your thumb as a guide. (see pics 5 and 6)
6. Add adhesive to the bottom of the panels and attach it to the top of the other, make sure your ends are the same when opposite. (See picture 7) You do not want to have the slit across from the handle the box won't close correctly.
7. Using the scrap paper left from cutting out the Curvy Keepsake panel, I stamp the cross from All God's Grace in Basic Gray. I fussy cut it out.
8. I finished it off by adding some Basic Pearls to the cross and attaching it the to box with a glue dot. I tied a bow on the handle to keep is secure. I used the Daffodil Delight cotton ribbon. Be sure to fill the box before adding your bow.
I just repeated the process to make them in pastel colors. I used Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky and Wisteria Wonder. I'm not to crazy about the Whisper White bows. So I might need to change them.
I kept the card simple. I used the same color palette as the Curvy Keepsake box. I started my sample using So Saffron and went from there.
1. I used Whisper White as my card base 8 1/2x 5 1/2 folding in half
2. Cut a piece of So Saffron Cardstock to 4 1/4 x 5 1/4.
3. Cut a piece of Whisper White and 1/8 of inch shorter.
4. Ovals Collection framelits; use the 3rd from the smallest oval, center in on the Whisper White mat and cut it out.
5. I used a piece of vellum from the Sale-a-brations: Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack. Keep in mind this is a Sale-a-bration products and will not be available after March 31, 2016 and you can earn it free with a $50 purchase!!!
6. I cut the vellum slightly smaller than the Whisper White. Attach to the So Saffron layer. ONLY put adhesive on the corners. You don't want the glue showing through the oval piece when assembled.
7. I stamped the cross using Basic Gray again. I use the scrap oval piece.
8. Before adhering the Whisper White piece down, I stamped in the bottom right corner "may all the blessing..." What I did was use my Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker and color over all the words except the 'r' on your, child and forever. I cleaned the stamp and just colored 'forever' and stamp it again. I added the 3 dots... with the marker. I figured if this was being given to the actual child then this verse is more fitting this way. It is a bit tricky to line it up, as you can see it's a little crooked. If I was planning on giving this away, I would have redone it so it was straight,for the sake of time.....I left it.
9. Adhere the So Saffron layer to the cardbase using snail
10. Attached the Whisper White layer using dimensionals.
11. I added the Basic Pearls to the cross to match the Curvy Keepsake box. The attached it to the center of the oval using a couple dimensionals.
Then, to keep the theme the same, I made each card using the matching pastel cardstocks to the Curvy Keepsakes boxes. I kept the verse off these cards, I am not quite sure what I will be using them for just yet. So I always add something later on.
What do you think? I hope you like it. I think this is suitable for this time of year! Definitely fits the pastel portion of this blog hop. And certainly can be used for Easter, Baptism, Communion and Confirmation as well. Below is my original sample and then the cards and boxes in subsequent pastel colors.
I saw several of these French Fry boxes on Facebook and Pinterest made to look like bunnies. I couldn't resist so I threw together a quick workshop and my guests made 4 cards and 4 French Fry bunny boxes.
Super cute and very easy to make!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Please remember to comment on my blog SFMarHop to be added to the raffle drawings to win a goody from each of the blog hop members.
Please click the next button to continue to Kathie Rotti's blog.
Thank again for stopping by
Happy Easter, Happy Spring and Happy Stampin
If you got lost along the way, here is the list of bloggers in this Blog Hop1. Melissa Thomas- http://stampinbythesea.weebly.com/blog/stampin-friends-March-2016-blog-hop-with-pastel-colors
2. Cheryl- http://handstampedbycheryl.weebly.com/blog/stampin-friends-spring-blog-hop
3. ME ME ME ME Steph Jandrow -- http://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/easter-or-pastel-colors-stampin-friends-blog-hop
4. Kathie Rotti - https://kathielovesstamping.wordpress.com/2016/03/17/stamping-friends-spring-hop/
5. Barbara Welch - http://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2016/03/stampin-friends-spring-blog-hop.html
6. Charlene Luks - https://wickedawesomecards.wordpress.com/2016/03/17/stampin-friends-march-2016-blog-hop-fun/
7. Carolina Evans - http://studioevans.blogspot.com/2016/03/stampin-friends-march-blog-hop-pastels.html
8. Leanne Johnson - http://literallymyjoy.blogspot.com/2016/03/stampin-friends-spring-blog-hop.html
9. Lynn Streifert http://lynnzcrafters.com/2016/03/14/stampin-friends-spring-hop/
10. Kirsteen Gill http://www.creatinwithkirsteen.com/home/stampin-friends-february-hop1
11. Elizabeth Jeanne http://craftsbyhappystamper.com/2016/03/17/lots-of-inspiration-in-this-spring-inspired-stampin-friends-hop